Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Everything that can go wrong has...

I got an E-mail from my teacher's assistant Nahir yesterday stating that since the power was out last Thursday we would have to do extra work in class today. A following E-mail about 2 hours later said that were should arrive at class promptly at 8:20 so we could start our 2 quizzes (one from last week and one from this week) at exactly 8:30. This morning I set my alarm for 6:15 so I could get up and get ready in time to be to class. My room was pitch black this morning, I could not even see my hand. My dog jumped up onto my bed startling me, should I be up right now? Should my alarm clock went off? Something seemed wrong. I patted my bed down so I could find my "alarm clock" my phone. I felt it, picked it up and hit the side button, 6:23 the clock said. OMG! WHY DIDN'T MY ALARM CLOCK GO OFF!?!? There was no time to investigate, so I jumped in the shower, and still got out in time. However I was still panicking! I had to still finish a Pre-lab for my 8:30 lab. So much to do, so little time. I guess I am wearing sweats and a bun today... I grabbed my highlighter and my pen and started scribbling words onto the pages just so I could get the lab done. It had to be neat enough to read and follow. I left my house 10 minutes early because I knew traffic was going to be crazy. I zoomed out to my car, dragging my feet in the wet grass. I didn't care that my shoes were getting wet. I hopped into the car, it was cold enough to give me goosebumps, even though I was wearing a sweatshirt. I then proceeded onto the road to start my journey to school. Rush hour, Why did I choose to have a morning class? All these people drive so slow. Brake lights surrounded me, as I inched on to the ramp to get onto I-96 East. At least people on the freeway early in the morning are nice enough to let you merge on. I slowly merged into the right lane and every mile I merged another lane left so I could start cruising down the road. I picked up speed, starting at 10 mph, then finally got to 65mph. I hate going slow... I am so impatient. Traffic wasn't as bad as it normally is. Does leaving 10 mins earlier really make a difference? I could now walk to class at a leisurely pace instead of being out of breath by time I got to class. The doors opened, and I saw the person in front of my pull out his lab coat before he went to sign in. SHIT! I FORGOT MY LAB COAT! I knew that you could not participate in lab if you don't have your lab coat. Again I started panicking? Why me? Today is just not my day. I remembered that last night I put my lab coat next to my back pack so I wouldn't forget it.... but I still did... IDIOT! So I could not participate in class... at all... I couldn't take the two quizzes, Or do the 5 labs we were suppose to do today... literally I am screwed. So now I sit here in the undergraduate library listening to music and typing furiously because I am so mad at myself. But hey, at least I have 2 hours before my next class to do some homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment